ELIGIBILITY AND QUALIFICATIONS
The CHIGIANA FILM SCORING INTENSIVE PROGRAM is open to all students over 18 years of age who possess the following prerequisites:
- Ability to read sheet music – Fundamentals of music theory: all the forms of major and minor scales, major and minor tonalities, the circle of fifths, intervals and inversions, types of chords, symbols and inversions, triads, and seventh chords.
- Basic knowledge of orchestration and arrangement (instruments, extensions, timbres, keys);
- Advanced knowledge of DAW (ProTools, Logic Pro X, Cubase, DP) and associated plug-ins;
- Advanced knowledge of notation software (Finale, Sibelius, Dorico);
- Good knowledge of the language of cinema and audiovisual;
- Good knowledge of English langugage.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BRING THEIR OWN:
- Laptop computer (preferibilmente un Macbook Pro) o un PC;
- An external Hard Drive (USB);
- Headphones high audio quality (recommended: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO, Audio Technica ATH-M50x, Sony MDR-7506);
- Notation software (Sibelius, Finale or Dorico);
- DAW (Apple Logic PRO, ProTools, Cubase, Digital Performer, Ableton LIVE);
- Sound library (es. East West Composer Cloud).
THE APPLICATION IS FREE AND OPEN TO ALL.
THERE IS NO FEE TO APPLY.
To participate in the program candidates must:
- Fill out all fields of the application form ONLINE;
- Upload your CV (in English) with a list of your most recent works;
- Include a link to a video with original music (rescoring) and/or portfolio.
Early application deadline: APRIL 22, 2022
Final application deadline: MAY 15, 2022
Applicants will receive an email with their ADMISSIONS decision.
TUITION FEES AND PAYMENT
THE TUITION FEE FOR THE COURSE IS €2000.00 (two thousand).
Payments can be made via bank transfer or PAYPAL.
Fondazione Accademia Musicale Chigiana
Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena
Via Banchi di Sopra, 84
IBAN – IT82C0103014200000001482216
BIC – PASCITMMSIE
indicate the student’s name and Film Scoring Program 2022.
Students who have received an email offer of admission must pay the program deposit of €300.00 within 7 days from the date on the letter to secure their place in the program.
The deposit will be applied to the tuition balance.
Before May 31, 2022 accepted students must pay the tuition balance, the remaining € 1700.00 of the €2000 tuition fee.
The Accademia Chigiana reserves the right to cancel the participation of any candidate if the tuition fee is not paid in full before the start of the program.
The deposit is NON refundable and will NOT be returned.
IMPORTANT: The tuition fee must be paid before the start of lessons.
It cannot be pro-rated nor reimbursed in case the student chooses to stop attending the course.
TUITION BALANCE (€1700)
Payment can by made by PayPal, indicating Film Scoring 2022 in the notes / reason for payment and inserting the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The form below also allows to you to insert any amount.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE TUITION FEE?
The tuition fee for the CHIGIANA FILM SCORING INTENSIVE PROGRAM (80 hours) includes:
- Lectures and Masterclasses;
- Individual lessons;
- Laboratory sessions;
- Individual workspace with a 32″ monitor, MIDI keyboard Controller 49 keys, audio interface, USB hub;
- 2 recording sessions (string quintet and symphonic orchestra) for original compositions of 3 minutes each, composed by the student for film scenes assigned by the instructors;
- Audio tracks of the recordings with STEMS;
- Video of the recording sessions;
- Transfer in a van or bus for the recording sessions at Teatro Verdi in Florence;
- Access to the Accademia Chigiana;
- Student ID card to access the Mensa dell’Università degli Studi di Siena;
- Access to the final ceremony and film screening;
- Access to the concerts and events of the Chigiana during the period of the course;
- Diploma and certificate of participation;
- Farewell Dinner.
The tuition fees do NOT INCLUDE:
- Travel expenses to arrive in Siena.
- Meals and lodging.
CONTACTS AND COMMUNICATION
For information on the CHIGIANA FILM SCORING INTENSIVE PROGRAM Summer 2022 contact the Accademia Chigiana at the following address:
+39 0577 220921 (Mon – Fri from 9-14)